Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Royal Hair Day

Hi all,

Getting my hair cut was maybe on my to do list for about 2 months.I don’t really have a before shot per se, but this is the best I could find:


Excuse the no makeup, funny face and the unstyled-ness of it all. This was the middle of exam season and I had lost the plot a wee bit!


It had grown even longer since these were taken. I was beginning to have more hair than I did anything else. My last haircut was a shameful 6 months ago, and with deadlines and exams (and lack of money) going to the salon was just not a priority.

But the other day I finally bit the bullet, went to Windsor and got it done. And speaking of Windsor, unless you have all lived under a rock the past few months you will know that the country has put on their patriotic caps and gone Diamond Jubilee crazy - and I love it!
More bunting that you could shake a stick at!

 So on a relatively normal trip to town I was met with crowds of people waving Union Jacks with visible excitement. Clambering onto my my Chap's shoulders it turns out we had arrived just in time to see this lovely lady: 


Sorry for the poor video quality, I was quite unprepared and took it on my iPhone. However, yes that was the Queen. Now, I am no royalist, but that was friggin exciting! hence the ""ahhh! its totally the queen, its totally the queen". 

back onto the hair -  This is the end result:



I have a fringe! I haven’t had one of these since I was maybe 10 years old? And I am still trying to get used to it. I had a good few inches snipped off, layers cut in around the back. I did go to a relatively modern chain salon with a very young girl and they didn’t exactly do what I had asked. I wanted more of a Bettie Page fringe but ‘shorter at the sides and longer in the middle’ is just not something I think she could get her head around. But I guess the longer fringe length will help me get used to having it first and committing to styling it before getting a more extreme version.
We’ll see how we go!

I'm wearing my Grey Freddies Dungarees over the top of a vintage style blouse as a hammy down from my mum, originally from Warehouse. 

Steffie x

No comments:

Post a Comment